Sunday, August 3, 2008

Idaho Visit

I enjoyed a few days in Idaho this past week. It was so good seeing Mom and Dad. Mom is doing better each day, it seems. Her speech is coming and she gets along with daily living skills really well. Mom, Dad, Cathy, Bill, Richard, and I went through the temple open house. What a beautiful temple! It was Mom's first outing since the hopsital, and she really seemed to enjoy it. We went to dinner, as well, and she seemed to enjoy it, but she was really tired by the time we left. Richard was there on Wednesday, so that was fun talking with him for awhile.

I enjoyed being there to see the PT and ST, as well as the nurse and dietitian. Mom was describing our outfits with the ST, as well as reciting back four miscellaneous words given by the therapist. She did great! The therapist kept saying, this is hard stuff, I know, but if it was easy, you wouldn't need to be doing it! Mom was a real trooper.

Dad had mom ready to go see the assisted living center Thursday evening, but in the morning, when asked if she wanted to go see the center, said, after a couple of minutes of silence, "I want to stay right here in my own home." The longest statement I've heard her say! Dad and I were both so proud of her for letting her wants be known!

Dad/Grandpa does an amazing job with helping her! He is so good to her and is able to keep up with all the different meals, meds, appointments, etc. she is needing right now.

Too long, I know, but one more thing for you American Idol fans . . . Remember the guy with the white feathered hat and white cape, singing the song he created, "I am your brother, your best friend forever" etc. - well, Reed baptized him over in the Philippines! Cool, huh?

Enough already . . . hope to hear from more of the "older" generation soon . . . I've been hinting to Cathy and Richard . . .

No comments: