Saturday, June 14, 2008

Aunt Claudia, etc.

I agree with everyone else, Aunt Claudia's funeral was so nice. A peaceful feeling, knowing a wonderful lady had finished her "turn on earth. I will remember her for her cheery disposition, her sincere concern with how I was doing, her ability to make you feel like you could tell her anything and she would help you in anyway she could, and her love of the gospel and family history, among other things. It was so good to see relatives I hadn't seen for quite awhile. Although it's kinda sad we do it only at funerals, it is a wonderful way to keep in touch and catch up on each others' lives. I've been involved in five LDS funerals in the recent past and, although sad, there is always a feeling of sweetness and joy in knowing that the person is enjoying a wonderful reunion on the other side. We're so blessed to have the knowledge of the Gospel! We travelled to Twin Falls a week ago to pick mom and dad up for the funeral and to do a little work around their house for them. They stayed at our house through Tuesday and it was extra special having them at Jonathan's homecoming from his mission (we were so proud that Jonathan was able to give a talk and play the piano so well!). We enjoyed having you, mom and dad, we should do it again sometime! Enough of my ramblings. We're off to clean the church, then off to Lagoon for a fun day!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I'm envious of your Lagoon trip! I hope it was a lovely day there and that no one got too sunburned. :)

Meza said...

I wonder if you saw Sarah, Eric and the kids because they went to Lagoon for the weekend too. That sounds like fun!! Sounds like your family is doing well!!