Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Rest of The Story.....

I love this family blogger idea - I hope everyone uses it and we can learn a lot more about each other!!

Anyway, since Kris wants "my story" I will tell it!! We actually had a great time at Lagoon - we got there around 10:30 (they open at 10:00) in the morning and since we had already got tickets at our hotel, we were able to walk right in without waiting in any lines and there wasn't a ton of people there yet, so the waits were pretty short - we played and ate and played and ate and got soaked on Rattlesnake Rapids and the Log Ride. Tyson was literally scared to death to go on all the rides, but we were mean and made him go anyway. We kind of made the mistake of starting out on the old rollercoaster, which is a bit rickety. We should have started out in Kiddie land and worked our way up to the scarier ones. But surprisingly enough his favorite was the Wild Mouse, which to me is one of the scarier ones. Anyway at appx 3:00ish the power went off, we lucked out and didn't get stuck on a ride when the power went off, we were all taking a bathroom break, so then we just relaxed in the shade for a while and had a snack, within about 1 hour or so some of the rides started running again so we went on a few more and within about a 1/2 hour later pretty much all the rides were up and running except for a few anyway, like Rattlesnake Rapids closed for the rest of the day. We had a great time and left about 7:30 and went and finished checking into our hotel and went to the Outback for dinner. There were a few rides we didn't get to go on mostly because by the time the power came back up the lines were quite long and there were a few that Tyson really didn't want to ride and we didn't push him, such as, the Rocket, and Wicked - I think they may have been a bit much for him since he is only 6 years old. But they gave everybody that was at Lagoon that day a good return deal. You can take your tickets from that day and go back again anytime between then and June 30 for free. So, if anyone is interesting in 4 tickets to go to Lagoon, let me know, and I will send them, (I'm guessing they will work for whoever) I don't see us going back up again within the next 2 weeks - we're lucky if we get up there 1 time/year!! Anyway, that is "my story" of our day at Lagoon. On Sunday we did a bunch of things too (I know it was Sunday, but with our own business now, we have to take our vacation when we can get it) Anyway, we went to the zoo, the Airplane Museum in Layton, which if you haven't been is totally awesome and it's a great free activity - Tyson absolutely loved it!! And we also went to the Dinosaur Park in Ogden, which if you have little kids and haven't been there that is also totally awesome - lots of fun activities for the kids. We had a good weekend.

Anyway, now that I have wrote a book here, I will stop and let someone else have a turn. It's fun to see what's going on in everyones lives!! Have a great day - I check everyones blogs often, so keep this going, it's fun!!

Sarah

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Sarah... we'd love the tickets! If someone else hasn't spoken for them.

I'm glad you guys didn't get stuck on any rides, I saw that news report and that didn't sound like fun at all!

I'm glad you posted something, it's fun to hear from everyone. :D:D