Thursday, July 10, 2008

I'm with you Randy - I check quite often and it is so fun to see who has posted what. I'm not usually up at this hour (11:30 p.m.), but we just returned from Weber State in Ogden. The four of us (not Braden) went to a marching band competition of some of the best bands throughout the United States. Boy! Were they amazing! Zachary was in marching and regular band in high school and Jonathan was in band throughout his time, so we enjoy going to events like this one. We had a fun evening!

Our Fourth of July weekend was a busy and fun one. On Thursday afternoon we went to Twin and visited mom in the hopsital and was able to go to dinner with Dad and visit with him a little bit. I was glad we were able to incorporate that into the weekend. Then early Friday morning we drove on up to Driggs - got there just in time for the parade. It was an old-fashioned, small town parade, made all the more fun with several of Edward's family being in it. We then had fun visiting and seeing several of his family, and that evening going to fireworks and a movie that evening. The next day was a reunion with his mother's side of the family - some people he hadn't seen in 20 years or more - so it was nice to meet some of them and hear all about the "old times." We went to a fiddling contest in the morning, had lots of food, talking, and games. They play a game from their youth called CAT that at one of our reunions it might be fun to play.

I'm so glad mom is improving and is now over in rehab. I know it has been such a worry for Dad. Both of them are in our prayers and thoughts!

Well, it is now 5:30 p.m. on Friday. Finally, I'm getting this done!

I'll make a comment here - I like this blogging thing, but it's not like emailing and being able to talk back and forth quite as well -you can comment, but then you don't get comments back from the person you commented to . . . okay, so I'm old school . . . but does anybody else feel that way? :)

No comments: